Blog Header

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Linfield by Duracraft

The first on the list is the Linfield by Duracraft. This is the house that my parents gave to me and it sat in the box until after I was married. Well, that's actually not true. I did pull out all the pieces and looked at it for hours (dreaming), and even finished the base (stonework and all) before putting it back in the box and placing it under my bed for several years.


After I got married, the bottom of the house got smashed in a move and sat in the back of my husband's truck for quite some time, becoming subject to all sorts of weather. I revived it the best I could and began work on it again. I painted it the colors that are shown on the outside of the box, but ended up not liking it. So it got repainted as well. The point is, this house has been through a lot, so it's a miracle that it's still around.

This is my shabby chic house. I love shabby chic and knew one of my houses had to be dedicated to the style. That's why I re-painted it blue and white. I have the hardest time making decisions on colors and wallpapers. I love the colors I have picked for the outside, but I still can't decide on the inside. I'm not even sure I like the living room wallpaper, but this is the second time I've papered it and I'm not changing it for now. As you can see, the dining/kitchen is also being stripped of it's wallpaper. I haven't decided on the new paper yet. I'm thinking I'll keep with a rose theme for the walls. That's very shabby.



The floors look a lot better than this when they are clean. There is just a lot of construction debris on them right now. Time to clean house.



I had to include the first pitcher I ever made. It will most likely end up in this room. I got the tutorial from Marlies. I love the way it turned out. I'm not that great at making miniatures because I lack the patience, but I've loved everything I've made so far. Now I've got to learn to make flowers to fill the pitcher.




As you can see, there is still a lot to be done with this house. I like to imagine the tenants of each house as I build it, and this one I've decided belongs to a single girl (there's not much room for anyone else). She loves shabby chic style, and that's all I know about her right now.

1 comment:

  1. Seguro que vas a conseguir hacer una casita adorable.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete