Blog Header

Friday, August 9, 2013


I just finished making this cute little carousel for the nursery in Virginia's Farmhouse Dollhouse.  I am really pleased with the way it turned out.  

As always, there are a few things I would have done differently the second time around.  I got the tutorial from the cutest little site,CAROUSEL TUTORIAL.  It has other tutorials, but I couldn't resist making this carousel.  It was rather simple to make, but I had to do some adjusting.  I had to print the border around the top and bottom twice, because it wasn't quite long enough as is, to cover around the whole thing.  I also printed at 90% because I felt like the original was too large for scale, and my 1.25" hole punch fit the circles perfectly at the smaller size.  That cut down on cutting out circles, since I used stacked circles for the base and top, instead of the thick stuff she used.  I also added the bead cap and bead on top to give it a little more dimension.  She adds beads around the bottom, which I may add later, but didn't have on hand.  

I think it goes quite nicely with the nursery.  I definitely need a few more toys and things to spruce it up.   But for now, the baby has at least one toy to play with.  :)


1 comment:

  1. Ha salido muy bien y el detalle de los abalorios lo hace aun mejor.
    Un abrazo.