Blog Header

Friday, March 30, 2012

I finally shingled something!

I found this great tutorial on making my shingles look aged and thought I would give it a try. I haven't shingled any of my dollhouses because it freaks me out. I'm afraid that the end result won't be what I was hoping for, and that's a lot of work to mess up on. So I tried it on the smallest of my houses first. And I think it turned out to be exactly what I was looking for. And it was very easy to do. You can find the tutorial here.
I'm no longer afraid of shingling! Although, now the time factor intimidates me a little. This small house took the whole of a day to shingle. It did have a few tricky angles to shingle around though. My other houses don't have as many tricky spots for the square footage involved. Now I just need to build up the ambition to finish the other houses. Yea!


I still need to prop up the floor with a support so it doesn't sag.



4 comments:

  1. I like the structure of this house. The interior is very nice.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Spain: congratulations on the appearance of the roof of your home. I love the end result. A roof seem real. Thanks for the tutorial. A great job. I told you had several dollhouses but not yet got to work with them. I have only the rooms with furniture but I do not decorate the walls and floors. I really like your blog. I copied some ideas. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Cozy little cottage. :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Thank you for adding my dress Giveaway to your lovely blog. Enjoyed reading. Thank you for the birthday wish. Just got back into town from 3 glorious days of celebrating, but had to read and join your blog before going to bed. Thanks again with lots of Hugs.
    Felma

    ReplyDelete